Baadal ko chune ki chahat to thi...
Udne ka armaan nahi tha magar...
De Diya mujhko ek ajnabi aasman....
Mere pairon se meri zameen cheen kar!
-- Title song of the TV serial "Hum Pardesi Ho Gaye"
So, the terror attack strikes Mumbai again. The city, which is bruised and scared, is back to work. – Up and running. And, no it is not the spirit of we Mumbaikars, it is out of no choice! Do we really have an option??
This Rakhi….some scattered thoughts over the years as I recollect my best moments spent with my bro @ Harshit Shah
- Remember the day we got you home ...all wrapped and curious !
- Tied a purple teddy bear rakhi on your wrist on one of your early birthdays J
- Your first birthday celebration and I loved the football masi gave you !
- Me and mom taking you for a ride…by talking in languages you wouldn’t understand when you were a toddler…fooling you and going for a movie ;)
- You and me going for a studio pic and doing the weirdest actions ever !
- Your early days at school..when I used to come across you sometimes in the recess…and you will run to say hi J
- Me and you checking our hands if thorns indeed grew ..after our parents told us that “if you hit each other, thorns will grow on your hands”….waiting for a orange tree to grow from our throat, after being told that a tree will grow if we swallowed seeds ( We did that deliberately to wait for the tree to grow)
- All the toys and all the plays....sticking “lotus” and “shandar” stickers all over the furniture, playing with the beach set in the building under constructions around us!
- Me taking logic and Maths lessons from you when u were in 1st and I was in 5th standard JJ
- Definitely tagging along at each other’s friends’ birthday parties ….If not allowed, we would throw all tantrums until mom gave in :D
- Me giving my 10th standard exams..Not understanding the essay asked in the paper and you telling me when I came home how simple it was!
- Me coming to your class and telling you my std X score..and you were all happy !
- You outpacing me and scoring a super duper score at the same IQ test taken by us …when I was 17 and you were 13 !
- Fighting over small and big things over the years….TV remotes, TV games, computer to “my place” etc etc
- And last but not the least…my wonderful